2018 swimming lessons term dates
- Term 1: Monday 22 January to Sunday 8 April (11 weeks)
- Term 2: Monday 16 April to Sunday 8 July (12 weeks)
- Term 3: Monday 16 July to Sunday 30 September (11 weeks)
- Term 4: Monday 8 October to Sunday 16 December (10 weeks)
No lessons will be held on public holidays.
Swimming and water safety skills are just part of what your child will gain in swimming lessons.
Swimming strokes such as freestyle and backstroke are an important part of swimming. However it is vital children learn personal survival skills that are able to improve safety not only at the pool but also in other waterways such as rivers, lakes and the ocean.
In swimming lessons we challenge students to participate in simulated open water conditions and then to think for themselves about how to transfer these skills to other situations.
Benefits of our program
As a swimming lessons member, your child will also enjoy:
- unlimited access to our pools outside of lesson times
- access to Active Moreland's seasonal outdoor pools
- access to 8 make-up lessons per calendar year
- online parent portal “SwimDesk”, providing assessment results & child’s progress
- access to two make-up lessons per term
- no re-enrolment process.
Plus our nationally accredited Teachers & Teachers In Charge (TIC’s) give you regular feedback on progress, and a certificate after your child completes each level.
Programs for all ages
Infants (from 6 months)
A parent supports the child in the pool, while they learn to explore and become familiar with the water, and help build confidence. Children learn to control breathing, floating, paddling and propulsion.
Children grow in confidence and become more independent in the water without the support of parents. Children start to learn swimming strokes.
With an increase in confidence, competence and endurance, children establish a lifelong appreciation for safer activity in the water. The program focuses on refinement of swimming stroke techniques, safety and survival skills, and respect for the water.
It is never too late to learn to swim. Beginner and intermediate adult classes are available. Adult classes cater for all abilities and cultural backgrounds.
Development and junior squads
After completing our swimming lessons program, students can continue to develop their skills in our squad program. We focus on stroke correction, endurance, strength and fitness. Squad sessions are held in the outdoor heated 50 metre pool.
Students will also have access to the pool outside of lesson times, access to Moreland's seasonal outdoor pools and there are no re-enrolment process. Our nationally accredited teachers give you regular feedback on progress, and a certificate after your child completes each level.
Getting started in swimming lessons is easy
- Come in to the centre for a consultation where we’ll find the appropriate class for your child.
- Select a time and day based on your child’s level.
- Arrive early for your first lesson so you can meet your new teacher.
Call us on 9381 1840.