Getting started in swimming lessons is easy
- Come in to the centre for a consultation where we’ll find the appropriate class for your child.
- Select a time and day based on your child’s level.
- Arrive early for your first lesson so you can meet your new teacher.
Call us on 9381 1840.
Benefits of our program
As a swimming lessons member, your child will also enjoy:
- unlimited access to our pools outside of lesson times
- access to Active Moreland's seasonal outdoor pools
- access to 8 make-up lessons per calendar year
- online parent portal “SwimDesk”, providing assessment results & child’s progress
- no re-enrolment process.
Plus our nationally accredited Teachers & Teachers In Charge (TIC’s) give you regular feedback on progress, and a certificate after your child completes each level.
Swimming and water safety skills are just part of what your child will gain in swimming lessons.
Swimming strokes such as freestyle and backstroke are an important part of swimming. However it is vital children learn personal survival skills that are able to improve safety not only at the pool but also in other waterways such as rivers, lakes and the ocean.
In swimming lessons we challenge students to participate in simulated open water conditions and then to think for themselves about how to transfer these skills to other situations.
Programs for all ages
Infants (from 6 months)
A parent supports the child in the pool, while they learn to explore and become familiar with the water, and help build confidence. Children learn to control breathing, floating, paddling and propulsion.
Children grow in confidence and become more independent in the water without the support of parents. Children start to learn swimming strokes.
With an increase in confidence, competence and endurance, children establish a lifelong appreciation for safer activity in the water. The program focuses on refinement of swimming stroke techniques, safety and survival skills, and respect for the water.
It is never too late to learn to swim. Beginner and intermediate adult classes are available. Adult classes cater for all abilities and cultural backgrounds.
Advanced Programming (Squads)
After completing our swimming lessons program, students can continue to develop their skills in our squad program. We focus on stroke correction, endurance, strength and fitness. Squad sessions are held in the outdoor heated 50 metre pool.
Students will also have access to the pool outside of lesson times, access to Moreland's seasonal outdoor pools and there are no re-enrolment process. All of our squad coaches have taken additional training and will give your child regular feedback on progress and development towards competitve swimmng goals. Click here for our Advanced programming class information
2019 swimming lessons term dates
- Term 1: Monday 21 January to Sunday 14 April (12 weeks)
- Term 2: Monday 22 April to Sunday 30 June (10 weeks)
- Term 3: Monday 15 July to Sunday 29 September (11 weeks)
- Term 4: Monday 7 October to Sunday 22 December (11 weeks)
No lessons will be held on public holidays.