Age of children accepted
We cater for children from six weeks old to five years of age. Children over the age of six can attend but are restricted to the minimum times offered.
Total hours a day or week
Children can attend childcare for a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Complete an enrolment form available from Coburg Leisure Centre whenever your child attends childcare for the first time or if your details have changed. The form gives us the relevant information we need to care for your child.
This form needs to be completed every January for each calendar year.
Due to regulations, there is a limit to the number of children who can attend childcare at any one time, therefore parents are required to book their children in prior to each session. Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance with payment made at the time of attendance.
Cancellations and transfers
Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to the time booked. No refunds without a medical certificate will be processed for cancellations within 24 hours.
Arrival and departure
All children must be signed in and out of childcare at all times by their parent or guardian. Please be punctual when picking up your child as a late fee may apply. If your child or children are to be picked up by another family member or friend, staff must be notified of the arrangements.
To maintain the best quality environment for all children, we ask that ill children be kept at home. The staff are permitted to refuse entry to any child showing signs of illness.
'No Jab, No Play' legislation
Proposed 'No Jab, No Play' legislation will come into effect from 1 January 2016, subject to the passage of legislation.
All parents and guardians wanting to enrol their child into a childcare service from 1 January 2016 will be required to provide evidence that their child is:
- fully immunised for their age
- on a vaccination catch-up program,
- or unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.
'Conscientious objection' will not be an exemption.
For more information, visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services 'No Jab, No Play' webpage.
Where emergency care is required, the parent/guardian will be notified immediately. If the parent is unable to be contacted the staff with follow procedures outlined on the enrolment form and will undertake any necessary action.
What to bring
- We encourage a healthy lifestyle, so please supply a healthy snack for your child in a clearly labelled container. (Nuts, nut products, lollies and chips are not permitted in the Childcare Centre).
- A hat, appropriate clothing and sun screen must be worn by all children while outside, regardless of weather conditions.
- Nappies and a change of clothes should be provided if the child is still in nappies or being toilet trained.
- Please feed and change your children prior to visiting childcare in order to assist staff in providing the highest quality of care for your child.
A Parent Handbook with detailed policies and procedures is available from Coburg Leisure Centre Childcare.
Parents are encouraged to be part of this important service through open discussion with staff members regarding any comments, suggestions or concerns.