2018 swimming lessons term dates
- Term 1: Monday 22 January to Sunday 8 April (11 weeks)
- Term 2: Monday 16 April to Sunday 8 July (12 weeks)
- Term 3: Monday 16 July to Sunday 30 September (11 weeks)
- Term 4: Monday 8 October to Sunday 16 December (10 weeks)
Swimming lessons help your child develop healthy habits and safe water practices they’ll carry with them for life
Swimming strokes such as freestyle and backstroke are an important part of swimming. However, it's vital children learn personal survival skills that are able to improve safety not only at the pool but also in other waterways such as rivers, lakes and the ocean.
In swimming lessons we challenge students to participate in simulated open water conditions and then to think for themselves about how to transfer these skills to other situations.
Benefits of our program
As a swimming lessons member, your child will also enjoy:
- unlimited access to our pools outside of lesson times,
- access to Active Moreland's seasonal outdoor pools,
- access to two make-up lessons per term,
- no re-enrolment process.
Plus our nationally accredited teachers give you regular feedback on progress, and a certificate after your child completes each level.
Programs for all ages
Infants (from 6 months)
A parent supports the child in the pool, while they learn to explore and become familiar with the water, and help build confidence. Children learn to control breathing, floating, paddling and propulsion.
Children grow in confidence and become more independent in the water. Parents are gradually transitioned out of the pool and children start to participate on their own. Children start to learn swimming strokes.
School aged (5 – 12 years)
With an increase in confidence, competence and endurance, children establish a lifelong appreciation for safer activity in the water. The primary program focuses on refinement of swimming stroke techniques, safety and survival skills, and respect for the water.
It is never too late to learn to swim. Beginner, intermediate and advanced adult classes are available. Adult classes cater for all abilities and cultural backgrounds.
Getting started in swimming lessons is easy
- Call us for an easy, over the phone consultation where we’ll find the appropriate class for your child
- Select a time and day based on your child’s level
- Attend your first lesson! Arrive early so you can meet your new teacher.
Call us on 9358 6600 or email Fawkner Leisure Centre
Fawkner Leisure Centre provides swimming lessons to children and adults right across Moreland including Fawkner, Hadfield, Glenroy, Campbellfield, Preston and Pascoe Vale.
Swim lessons membership prices