Active Moreland offers years 9, 10, 11 and 12 students work placement opportunities at our aquatic and leisure facilities.
- Health club – Gain experience in personal training, gym floor, children sport and exercise programs.
- Aquatics – Knowledge in swim class operations, assist swim teachers in the pool and complete relevant administration tasks.
- Childcare – Progresses students' career path in childcare by experiencing day-to-day operations.
- Frontline – Greet customers, undertake administrative tasks and assist in patron enquiries.
- All areas – Develops a thorough knowledge of aquatic and leisure centre management by assisting in all of the above tasks.
Work experience with Active Moreland provides students with the environment to develop employability skills, in particular opportunities to commence their career as a casual employee, understand employer expectations and increase their self-understanding, maturity, independence and self-confidence.
Please note that students are placed within Active Moreland centres to observe and learn – not to undertake activities that require extensive training or expertise.
For more information, or to register for work experience/placement please select the relevent link of one of our Active Moreland centres:
As restrictions ease we are able to open outdoor pool at Brunswick and Oak Park for lap swimming and outdoor training zones. Memberships shall remain on suspension until it is viable to reoffer them again at which time you with have the option to recommence. For more information on the services available visit About us/COVID-19 re-opening